my first TIPs

Posted by redthil On 5/04/2010 09:39:00 AM

Last week, one of my close friend opened an ice-cream shop "Kold Stone Creamery" @ Abirami Mall. So, me and my another friend went there for that opening day. And since its the first day, it was kind of practicing session only. so, each one of us, took care of some work there. and me, as the waiter. though have lil experience in serving people, for those social service activities as part of YRC, this one is REAL. means, its all about convincing or acting nicely to them... the same way we receive when we go to some other restaurants. among those 5 groups whom i served, one gave me tips of Rs. 10 for the bill of Rs. 80 !!!! wow!!!! i never thought of it... i dint know how to react to that, what to say to him... so, just said thank you, as usual. :) we always sit on the other side of this... so, It was sooo nice... different and awesome experience you know... thanks to my friend, for giving me this wonderful opportunity.. 

(thanks for these snaps Vijesh)


some interesting questions also came my way.. and you know this is ice-cream shop... one family asked whether they can just get fruit-salad instead of ice-cream... one other question was, one old man asking, "do you have sugar-free ice-creams?"... well, interesting and funny, to know how people ask question to escape from ordering something, and just to sit and relax for some time in that cool shop...

And if you're visiting Abirami Mall @ Chennai, please do visit this shop in third floor...

All the best to my friend for this new venture!!!

3 comments

  1. Deepa Said,

    good to hear that u have got one more option for work.... but I guess u missed out the reason behind getting Rs 10 as tip... u might have managed to get them whatever they had ordered without gobbling up even a bit of it... :P

    Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 8:42:00 AM

     
  2. redthil Said,

    mmmmm.... ya ya.. one more.. :P
    no BOSS... i never gobble... also in diet na ;)

    Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 8:48:00 AM

     
  3. Chandru Said,

    Hmmm...

    You forgot to mention one another thingy!!!! One group ordered two ice creams, each costing Rs.60/- a total of Rs.120/- But you gave bill for only Rs.90!!!!! :P

    To compensate that you paid your whole day wages(just tips of Rs.10/-) to the owner of the shop!!! You are still a debtor with a debt of Rs.20/-

    First day vae combany ku unnalu 20 rupaa loss!!! :D

    I think Devi will never ask you to work as a waiter!!!! :P

    Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 2:57:00 PM

     
My Photo
redthil
Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
View my complete profile

Labels