This is the WMX verification file. If you are having problems...

Posted by redthil On 10/23/2009 07:37:00 PM

The exact error which i got:

 "This is the WMX verification file. If you are having problems with the WMX verification for your blog please visit http://help.blogger.com/bin/static.py?page=start.cs"


This is how i resolved it:

  • Blogger Dashboard > Settings > Publishing
  • You can see your "BlogSpot Address" (eg:  "http://[redthil].blogspot.com)
  • There are two ways which you can do from this point (i suppose both works):
    • Try dummy "Custom Domain" (this is what i did)
** Click on "Custom Domain" link
** Click on "Switch to advanced settings" link
** In the "Your Domain" textbox, enter the dummy value as "http://[www.redthil.com]"
** Enter the Word Verification, and click on "Save Settings"
** You'll get "Settings Were Saved Successfully" message. (now, when you try accessing your blog with "http://redthil.blogspot.com", it will ask to try to redirect to the dummy website address.)
** Now from the dashboard, come to the Settings > Publishing page, and click on "blogspot.com" link (next to the "Switch to:" value)
** Word Verification again and try to access your blog url (http://redthil.blogspot.com) now. It should be working fine now. 
    • Try alternate blogspot address (this one i checked out/read just now, just before publishing this post)
* Change your blog name from SETTING --> Publishing --> Type the new name --> word verification --> save setting then check it out, if you want to change the name again like the last name you made you can. just try it. (source: Blogger Forum)


This is how the events unfolded:

The above two headings were for those who suffers with this issue, and want a direct answer. The following paras explains how all these event unwrapped to come to this solution.

I was just trying to access my blog yesterday (the same one which you're reading now). I was totally shocked when i got an ERROR. And as usual, google was my immediate place to search for this error. Though i got few hits, that too in the Blogger Forum itself, it said that this is known bug in blogger and hence i thought there is way to solve this. On reading the threads in that forum entry, one option mentioned was to create a New Post. and thats the reason for my previous post JLT. Thats the interesting part of this issue. I was able to access these post, by giving the complete url in the address bar.


And that didn't solve the problem. so, back to the drawing board, googling/trying/re-trying... with no fruitfull results, went to bed. Morning was still more shocking, wherein i couldnt even login to my dashboard, but able to access my other blogs (except this one). it was throwing some error and some number, and no result on searching for that error number in Blogger Help too. After some time, i was able to access my dashboard (a big relief) and again started all the "ing"s. After many many many trials, finally what i have mentioned as the first option worked for me. This was the ultimate relief. :)



16 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I want not concur on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the whole story.

    Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:00:00 AM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

    Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 3:57:00 AM

     
  3. Anonymous Said,

    Opulently I assent to but I dream the brief should secure more info then it has.

    Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:04:00 AM

     
  4. Anonymous Said,

    Brim over I acquiesce in but I dream the post should secure more info then it has.

    Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:07:00 PM

     
  5. Anonymous Said,

    The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

    Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 11:40:00 PM

     
  6. Anonymous Said,

    Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:13:00 PM

     
  7. Anonymous Said,

    Well I to but I contemplate the post should have more info then it has.

    Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:18:00 AM

     
  8. Anonymous Said,

    Maybe this is me talking nonsense, but it seems like Google isn't a company run strictly by the top and they seem to be doing quite well.

    Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:42:00 PM

     
  9. Anonymous Said,

    Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:40:00 PM

     
  10. Anonymous Said,

    After reading you blog, I thought your articles is great! I am very like your articles and I am very interested in the field of Free trial. Your blog is very useful for me .I bookmarked your blog! I trust you will behave better from now on; I hope she understands that she cannot exepct a raise.

    Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 10:18:00 AM

     
  11. Anonymous Said,

    After reading you blog, Your blog is very useful for me .I bookmarked your blog!
    Wishes your valentine day to be joyful!

    Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 5:46:00 PM

     
  12. Anonymous Said,

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
    And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

    Posted on Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:18:00 AM

     
  13. Anonymous Said,

    Hi
    Very nice and intrestingss story.

    Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:39:00 AM

     
  14. Anonymous Said,

    Excuse, that I interfere, but I suggest to go another by.

    Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:41:00 PM

     
  15. Anonymous Said,

    That their own overweight women to prevent dress, combined waist and decorative. Instead, they chose empire waist A-line skirt, soft fabrics. Many women's weight remains worrying. Thin can be considered inherently feminine. "In those days We need the many help I will get my weight now, I'm pleased to say the clothes can be quite big for me," declared siren song. Therefore, to be a mark used clothes [url=http://www.wdess.com/]evening gowns[/url], the bodies of those women to keep the dialogue, they sleep in age and / or after childbirth, only changed. Disguised elements in other areas of the body and function. A bride chose a great deal of detail, because she was smaller top, and anticipate to distract people from her arms (no), high collar. Several brides consider themselves very short. The skirt is of particular importance, unbroken on the collar to the ground, they convcycd the height impression. The bride is away from the elderly who still think that [url=http://www.wdess.com/]evening dresses[/url] at the very least in the standard with the rural communities. To pay, the colorful skirt, she built advise that youth.

    Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 11:46:00 AM

     
  16. Anonymous Said,

    A well written article, I just passed this onto a workfellow who
    was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he in fact purchased me
    dinner since I discovered it for him.

    My blog: treatments for fungal nail infections (badcreditloans-home.info)

    Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:51:00 PM

     
My Photo
redthil
Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
View my complete profile

Labels