How about walking to office???

Posted by redthil On 11/06/2008 09:22:00 PM

yup... this one is something like "klaW ylenoL kraD tnasaelP ehT ..." ... just got up from the bed early today, around 5:30.. it has been looooong time since i got up at that time... from arrival of my new companion, my lappy, i have never got up at that time... yesterday i went to sleep early, as i came early from office, at 10pm itself. So i didnt bring my office laptop with me to home. As i got up from bed, i just thought, why cant we go to office by walk?? i dont have to carry my bag also, since the office laptop is there in office, which is very rare thing to happen these days. Ok.. i'm goin to do that... freshed up, played games for 30 mins, and started walking from home. Did i mention that my office is around 10kms from my home?? ok.. now i have... started exactly at 6:50am from my home. The climate was not that cold, though it was chill, it turned to normal by 7:30 itself.. at that time i was near the Ejipura signal in Intermediate Ring Road.

I was so happy that i dont have to wait for the signal to turn green... wowie... overtaking all the vehicles which were standing still at the signal, i reached the all time busy Sony world signal.... there too it was heavy traffic.. surprisingly i met one of my college junior, just thought i have seen that face somewhere, but hesitated to go n ask as if its not her, then the scene would completely change. but as i said, surprisingly, she came forward, and little chat, just a little break there in otherwise a continous non-stop walk.

At around 8am, i reached madiwala. then i remembered to book ticket to my next week plan to go to hyd. went to manish travels, just asked when is the first volvo bus to hyd from bangalore, he said at 6:30, ok.. book i told, got my ticket booked, just 2 mins pit-stop there, continued my walk... thru maruthi nagar, BTM , thru the park once i used to go for walking, thru the plrk in which we played shuttle, thru the playground once we played cricket, i reached my office, which is there above shopperstop near jayadeva hospital, at around 8:50 am.. a non-stop 2 hour 10km walk to office.. was a gud experience.

But if you ask me whether i'll do this again, my immediate answer would be "NO" without any doubt, caz of two reasons:
1. i would be happy in wasting 2 hours of my time in any-other way than in this way.
2. On serious note, i dont want to voluntarily put myself exposed to a non-stop 2 hour 10km pollution.

5 comments

  1. Chandru Said,

    1. Walking for 2 hours 10 km is not waste of your time. Instead I would suggest you to go for a walk early morning, get refreshed and then to office. Otherwise you would get tired by the time you reach office.
    2. Agreed, going early morning will reduce this problem to some extent.

    Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 7:17:00 PM

     
  2. Vijesh Said,

    Wow! Nice, this has been in my todo list. But yeah winter is a good time to try. Wondering if the sony world pit stop pre-planned. :P

    Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:13:00 AM

     
  3. redthil Said,

    @ chandrasekar:
    suggestions will be considered... :)

    @vijesh:
    gud... its gud exp too... and make sure that u're starting little early b4 the sun gets brighter n hotter. :)
    And abt the pitstop at sony world, i never anticipated it.. just an accident.. i'll suggest u, not to expect anything like this.. ;)

    Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:27:00 AM

     
  4. Anonymous Said,

    Ada paavi!10 km nadandhe poniyaa?Extra meals andhra messla saapteenna seri.

    Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:27:00 PM

     
  5. redthil Said,

    @ Abirami... enna aachu unakku.. Andhra meals unna kavarnthu iluthiruchchunnu nenaikraen... Btw, as u knew, I'm in Diet'u Diet'u Diet'u... ;)

    Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:08:00 PM

     
My Photo
redthil
Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
View my complete profile

Labels